独立分析：NewTek NDI® 技术降低 AV over IP 的障碍
May 06, 2019 by Chuck Baker
The NewTek NDI protocol is an AV over IP solution that scales to its environment to provide users with a cost-effective means of distributing AV content.
In the leadup to InfoComm 2019, major AV industry news and analysis publisher Commercial Integrator took a look at NewTek’s NDI® technology and its potential impact for AV over IP, in discussion with NewTek’s Brian Olson. NDI is NewTek’s royalty free bidirectional IP technology for transport of video, audio and data over standard networks at very high quality and very low latency. The technology includes support for wireless networks as well, via the
NDI|HX™ protocol included within the standard.
Content can be distributed over networks, but so can control and monitoring via NDI’s support for bidirectional data transport. That means dedicated baseband cabling (SDI, HDMI) for content distribution and monitoring as well as dedicated control cabling (RS-232, etc.) go away in favor of standard 1G network infrastructure.
Among their takeaways:
- Affordable: available in royalty free form for many applications for both developers and users, and runs in existing 1G networks
- Scaleable: runs on 1G networks, but can take advantage of 10G or better; everything sees everything else, so the whole suite adapts immediately as new NDI-aware equipment is added
- Reliable: robust performance - no frames dropped
- Quality: 16-bit calculations per pixel to ensure quality, lossless after first encoding
- Supports Alpha Channel
- Customizable metadata for developers
- Backwards compatible in software - any generation of NDI in a product will always be able to work with every other generation
Transitioning a company between markets is easier said than done. NewTek, a developer of AV distributing products, is making that transition look easy with the new NDI AV over IP platform.
Read the complete story at Commercial Integrator: NewTek NDI Protocol Broadens the Appeal of AV over IP
See NewTek at InfoComm 2019 at Booth 1925.
使用本工具寻找附近的 NewTek 经销商。
获取关于 NewTek 系统和 NDI 实时制作工作流的专业建议，或者允许我们在您和我们的当地合作伙伴之间进行匹配，让我们的解决方案专家为您提供帮助。