The Changing Face of Video Over IP
October 14, 2015 by Chuck Baker
TV Technology put together a thorough roundup of the latest technologies competing to be the standard that takes video production to IP. There are a lot of candidates, each with a group of industry supporters. Each has advantages, most have significant drawbacks, such as the inability to handle 4K, royalty costs, the need for signal conversion devices in the pipeline - and the list goes on.
One technology is significantly different.
- The technology has been in development for more than ten years.
- It uses existing Gigabit Ethernet infrastructure.
- It requires no conversion devices.
- It will be royalty-free to all video production equipment and software developers.
- More than one hundred thousand devices in the field are using earlier versions of this technology in IP workflows now.
- All current devices will support the new, free SDK immediately upon release this quarter.
- Current generation hardware from this manufacturer will gain 4 new inputs with a software upgrade later this year, for starters.
- It will handle UHD, 4K, 8k and more. Not all of the above is mentioned in the article. See if you can spot the one we are talking about.
Read the complete story at TV Technology: The Changing Face of Video Over IP
What others are saying: Advanced IP Workflow: What They Are Saying
Get complete information: Advanced IP Workflow
使用本工具寻找附近的 NewTek 经销商。
获取关于 NewTek 系统和 NDI 实时制作工作流的专业建议，或者允许我们在您和我们的当地合作伙伴之间进行匹配，让我们的解决方案专家为您提供帮助。